Editors Note: This article was written by Christine Margaret
Wedding anniversaries are special occasions to be cherished and deserve a celebration! Sometimes though it is difficult to know just how to create a special day and how to acknowledge these milestones.
25 years of marriage is a significant number of years to be married and is referred to as the silver wedding anniversary. It is traditionally celebrated in style! A popular way of celebrating an anniversary is of course the romantic dinner. But there are many other alternatives! Perhaps a weekend getaway or even an extended holiday can mark the occasion. Inviting the bridal party to dress up for a mock wedding is another idea. It is possible that the bridal party may not fit into or even still have their original outfits so create a colour theme and see what they come up with! Take lots of photographs! Maybe the theme for the guests could be silver. Invite guests to dress in silver or wear silver accessories. It’s also fun to look back at what was happening in that particular era- perhaps a dress up party in the fashion of the time. Have a wedding breakfast with some good friends and family. Make it formal dress just for a bit of fun. Set up a long bridal table complete with flowers and candelabras and enjoy a special breakfast together. Maybe it’s time to renew those wedding vows! Quite possibly you have a whole new group of friends (and some new additions to the family!) since that time. Whatever way you choose-be it a quiet reflection or a rowdy celebration- be sure to mark the occasion so it is one to remember for many years to come.
Choosing the right gift is also something to put some thought into.
Here are some helpful ideas to get you thinking about what to give.
Popular gifts for your loved one include-
- a silver piece of jewellery such as a ring, watch, locket or a charm. An item that has some significance or relevance is a good choice.
- an antique piece of jewellery is another alternative.
- a silver key ring or cufflinks for males.
- a silver photo frame with a special photo.
- a silver trinket or jewellery box. You could have this engraved with your names and wedding date and anniversary year.
- a piece of silver such as a candelabra
- a special memento such as a poem or song written by you!
- a personal notice in your local newspaper
Enjoy your celebration!
Christine Margaret invite you to visit her site at http://www.havanabeverage.com to learn more helpful information about anniversaries.