I think everyone asks this question at some point in their life, and I also think that answers can vary depending on what your view of love really is!
So ultimately you know when you are in love when you feel what love is supposed to be to you!
Most people view love in a similar fashion. Here are some of the most common answers I got when I asked the question:
How do you know when you are in love?
- Having so much intense admiration for someone that you can’t imagine them being not in your life.
- Feeling miserable when you are away from the person.
- Can’t stop smiling when you are around or even just think of the person.
- When you start planning a future with them – without even thinking about it.
- You can be yourself around them, and they can be themselves around you.
- You take their side and stand up for them when you have to.
- When a lot of what you do in your day is to make them smile and feel good.
- You have inside jokes that only the two of you
- You are best friends with them and share everything with them.
- They have become a part of your decisions, life, and future.
I personally define love as ‘Having a feeling that you can share anything with that person. Knowing that you can be yourself no matter how goofy you are. Knowing that he/she will always be there for you and your support when you need it. And understanding someone on a deep level and accepting them for who they are.’
Love can also be explained scientifically on some level with chemical reactions and such…but honestly we don’t sit down and think – hmmmmm…that feels like serotonin has been released!
No, instead humans FEEL love when it comes to them, and perhaps the best indication that you are in love is when you ask “How do you know when you are in love?”